Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Baby opossum and egg

So one Sunday. Ted left for church early because he had a meeting he had to attend. Hudson was asleep, so Jack and I were out on the porch eating our lunch. We heard this screeching noise and started to look around. Indy was out by us but didn't seem to be disturbed by the noise. I looked around and on the other side of our fence, no more than 3 feet from us, I see this little head peeking out from the leaves that were piled along the outside of the fence. It was a little opossum. We see a lot of dead opossums, but I had not yet seen a live one until that day. When we went back out after I found a number for an animal rescue, it had already left. Hope it is okay. Jack still asks about it.



The next day Ted was outside and he found this little egg. He ended up giving it to Indy because we couldn't find the nest to put it back in. Jack was quite upset at first. His sweet little heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment